Saturday, June 25, 2011

been watching TV quite a lot during my holidays ^^

And I realised why nobody should blame Singaporeans for dressing sloppily. You see, in other countries, let's say Korea, America, Australia, they have 4 seasons. with 4 seasons, people will definitely have to dress accordingly to the weather. Heck even their summers might still be chilly and they have to wear jackets and sweaters.

Singapore is seriously hot and humid all year round. Yes, rain might cause the weather to be a tad more chilly, but it's not like we do have super strong winds consistently. The rain comes and goes, and after the rain it'll still be hot. So might as well dress for the hot part.

But I wonder what's the definition of sloppy. I wonder if people from other countries also label a certain type of dressing to be sloppy. I know that you have to dress for the part. But nowadays this definition is so vague that it's getting harder and harder to distinguish where are the areas that are considered formal or informal. I know for sure cocktail parties are more formal than trips to the beach. Then, how about the ones in between? And also, the once formal office wear is gradually becoming more informal. But again, I do not know how formal or informal it should be.

Hey there's no more pure black and white. There's always that tinge of grey in between everything XD

FYI I don't think I'm a sloppy dresser. I'm just not as fashionista as the vast majority out there. To me, shirt and jeans never go wrong ^^ I even wore that to a wedding dinner once! :$

No comments: