Monday, May 8, 2017

NDP17

I think I am still in a state of shock over this. I.got.chosen.as.SOIC. :O
Not just any sector SOIC. But VIP SOIC :O :o :O

This just proves another of my intuition correct. When I was applying for NDP, I got the feeling that I might be selected as SOIC even before interview. I read the signs, read the patterns, and kinda guessed it might be me. Although secretly I hoped that it won't be me, since it is just gonna be Naveen and the YPC.  Lo and behold, when the results were announced on Saturday, I wasn't that shcoked to see my face on the screen. 

But I was definitely shocked that I am finally going to do the VIP sector. Thats the sector which I know the least about. The sector which I have always considered as "atas" since its the only air-conditioned area. Hardly anyone I know had been a VIP sector volunteer before. Furthermore, its the only(?) sector without a YPC in charge. :O

What with the sudden change in the groupings after lunch, made me feel so sad that I am leaving the hyper group (hey that morning has bonded us well; everyone was so outspoken!). And put us in a group, plenty of new faces, which we later found out were all first timers. My new group is full of interesting people. I really do look forward to see what kinda sparks can be created. 

With greater power comes greater responsibilities... I'm so worried about myself. How am I going to pull through all these commitments?! It has always been work, studies, and then now its quadruple the workload for NDP. I really wonder how can I survive this. Naveen has forewarned me that being an SOIC would be plenty of time burned. Late nights, early mornings, extra meetings, many planning to do... sigh. 

Even though the whirldwind hasn't started, but I need to prepare myself to embrace all these things which are coming at me head-on. Advance thank yous to Naveen, Jessica, and Mui Teng. I know 3 of you would be super duper important on deployment days and SOIC meetings. There will be even more people whom I would need to thank when the whole thing is over, but for now these people have already offered me the help. Especially going to thank Naveen, because he offered to tank all the meetings and planning, since I need to work and everything... :') 

Lets all be strong, join forces and get through this! =(^.^)=

No comments: