Wednesday, February 28, 2018

What I want from a relationship

So my colleagues were discussing about my boyfriend during lunchtime, and they commented that Ryan looks really fanily oriented. And SY asked everyone if thats what they would want in their boyfriends. Almost all of them didn’t want a family oriented kinda guy, except for PS who was kinda sitting on the fence. I openly admitted that I was looking for a family oriented guy from the very beginning, and they kinda understand where I am coming from since I always have a lot of family gatherings and I will want my bf to be able to attend as well. Theres 2 definitions to family oriented though; one is mumny’s boy (backward looking), another is being centred around the future family and the current gf (forward looking). I am so glad that Ryan is a mix of both,  but he isn’t a mummy’s boy hehe~

Maybe I have been writing it too obviously on my face that I am so ready to get married... I know that me and Ryan started off really quickly after texting each other for like less than 2 weeks, then getting together on our 3rd meetup. Fastgame in terms of others, but for me, if he is someone whom I can spend the rest of my life with, i didn’t miss out at all by skipping through the push and pulls of dating. Because while dating officially, we are still able to enjoy the joys of being together, with the additional commitment of a serious relationship.

My life goal is to get married, have kids, retire peacefully, then spend the rest of our years taking care of my partner and doing things which we love together. Climbing the corporate ladder has never been my concern; I never ever want to be a slave to the company. Traditional mindset much. But these big goals might possibly scare away some men, but I am so thankful that Ryan thinks similarly as me regarding this~ But the only difference is that I am not as detailed in planning for the future as he is. Never ever considered the budget, the cost of living, etc., but he has given a thought about it, and even factored in the maximum number of kids we should have based on our budget.

What I want in life is rather simple. Get a nomal paying job which doesn’t require me to work especially long hours, live in a 4 room HDB, owning a car is not the most necessary item, just being able to sustain a small family without worrying too much about living expenses. In fact, I don’t even need a place to call my own and can even move in with the in-laws (free dinner eh!). If my parents can do it, then why can’t I lead that same lifestyle too? Remember that my parents are not the most well-to-do; they are just normal salaried workers with their own set of family problems, but they are my role models towards my life decisions. Although times have changed and the costs had changed as well, but the essence of the life I want isn’t that far different I guess.

No comments: