Thursday, March 8, 2018

if I were to advertise my boyfriend

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/style/modern-love-you-may-want-to-marry-my-husband.html?referer=https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/27/style/10-ways-to-love-better.html?referer=http://m.facebook.com

Idk whats with me and my suddenly active tearglands when it comes to the topics of death. Crying again in the middle of the night as I read this article, putting myself in the shoes of the dying author. This made me think about Ryan again. Because what if this is what’s happening to me? If that happens, I am sure I would want him to move on in life without me. 

Following the style of writing of the author: 
“I met Ryan through a dating app, in November 2017. I had merely been on the app for 2+ months, and then I clicked ‘interested’ on this profile, where the guy in the picture was holding 2 watermelons with a sunny smile, and who happened to have graduated from the same polytechnic as me. We linked up through the app, first chatting about what we missed about our alma mater, then to our family background and upbringing, and to the discussion about volunteering as usher for NDP, I was drawn in to this guy who seems to enjoy the same acivities and has the same thinking as me. As the chat expired, we gradually moved to Telegram, and on one of the Saturdays,  he was asking about something else but I gave him my phone number and Instagram username out of the blue instead. Of course he was stunned and as we continued to talk, he finally asked me out on a date on a Tuesday night after work. 

Ryan is a caring family-centred man. We first met on his brother’s birthday, and he told me he couldn’t stay out late as he needed to go back to celebrate his bday. In the days following after, I started to like him more and more, as we texted about almost anything. On the Friday night of that particular week, I stayed out late with my colleagues, and was caught without a ride back home. As I was grumbling to him through text, he offered to come fetch me home, despite being tired from his run. That was only our second meetup, and he was willing to go through such extents to pickup someone he barely knew, and I was so touched and overwhelmed at his actions. Thats when I knew I wanted to be with him, such a gentle thoughtful man, who was willing to go to any extent for someone he likes. 

Within these short few months of dating, he has demonstrated perseverence, to create our shared future and striving to be a better version of himself. He has went through great distances, just to spend time together with me. He is a thrifty and smart man, saving up for our future and for rainy days, dabbling in long term investments to provide better returns of our nest egg. He is a filial son, sparing a thought for his parents and wanting to spend more time with them. A hardworking and well-liked responsible worker, as he is entrusted with learning the ropes and taking on heavier responsibilities at his workplace. 

Did I even mention how cute he is. Although he is very much the good man, planning for the future, he still carries boyish charms and has an inquisitive mind, always keen to explore about everything. 

I have only seen so much of what he is. The future is unknown, but I see in him a family man who makes time and effort to spend with his wife and children. I see in him a nurturing, gentle father, who would take pains just to let his core family enjoy a better life. A man who will cook and clean, for the family’s health and nutrition. A lot more, which I will slowly find out as I pass the milestones with him.”

And don’t worry about me; I am not in pain or any discomfort now. Just that I hope nothing bad ever happens to either of us, and we both can live a long life together, have a home and family of our own, friends and relatives who dotes on us, a meaningful life spent walking through the path of life, holding hands and never letting go. 

No comments: